Monday, June 24, 2013

New Beginnings

Sup. It's been a while. But I must admit, even though this passed year has been eventful, it has put many things in my life into perspective. So this post may seem somber and candid, but hopefully insightful (at least to someone). I gave birth to my 3rd child (hold your applause; but she is actally quite breathtaking :) Before having her, though, I had lost all my baby weight from my 2nd child, Lily, through an amazing program called the Max. It was started by my karate instructor, Bryan Klein, in September 2011 and it has since help hundreds of people. Holy cow, that litte progam exploded into a 15 center franchise and it's still growing. I truly admire him for accomplishing such a feat! It made me take a look into my own life and see exactly how I, too, can take it to the Max. When I tested for my black belt this past April (again hold your applause), my class (which was all kids by the way) were taught different pattern forms that represented the essence of what makes individuals successfull. They were: Conceive, Believe, Acheive, Inspire, & Legacy. The concepts were simiple enough. However, once put to practice, the mere notion of attaining a goal you felt was out of your reach becomes increasingly difficult to grasp. In other words, taking the first step is terrifying. During my black belt challenge, I was obligated to write an essay describing what earnging my belt meant to me. It was by far one of the most candid pieces I had ever written. I talked about all of the obstacles that interfered with acquiring my goal. Single motherhood, soupkitchens, WIC, deep rooted family issues (which are still palpable, b the way), etc., had robbed me of my ability to dream and create opportunities for myself and my music. Once I had acheived my goal of earning the belt that had eluded me for so long, I realized anything is possible... Anything... My goals for this year and next spring(cuz for my sake, I'm putting the out there without fear): - Fight in an amature kickboxing match (cuz I win that match, I know I can do anything) - Begin auditioning for my dream job - Acquire my dream gig - Gain enough income teaching where I won't have to work anymore - Take my daughters overseas for vacation - Make myself and my husband proud Take it or leave it. This is happening. Time flies. Grab it by the balls if what you want keeps escaping you and show it who's f*cking boss. Everyone deserves theirs. It's time to get mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment