Sunday, June 30, 2013

Back to Basics

Studying the fundamentals of why you took up your passion in the first place is quite possibly the best way to revamp your appreciation of said passion.  Once I decided to take my workouts to the next level, I realized that this concept needs to bleed into other areas that I know need improvement. Even though it's only thursday and it's the first week of re-training myself, so far it's been crazy helpful.  Underscore "crazy."  It's not exactly up to par yet, but so far so good...



Dig this: I wake up at 5am to get my girls' and my lunch ready, then I go practice.  Today was feet and coordination.  This time around, I decided to use fundamental snare drum books, i.e., Stone Killer, Syncopation, etc. and apply them to the double bass drum.  I always taught that what you do with your hands should also be applied to your feet.  I think it's high time I practice what I preach.  




6am: Workout like a muthaf@cker at the karate school/Max mecca.  I don't care how insane the workouts are; they're AWESOME.  My day is not complete without them.... and sticks.  Can't forget sticks. 




7am: the rest of my day commences with the usual shower, get myself and kids ready, feed everyone, make H's coffee, prepare the slowcooker and hit the shop for work time.  Hopefully, at the end of said day I can hit karate class.  I already have my black belt.  Now, I get to learn the COOL stuff...




The support has been overwhelming especially from my co-workers in the office (one of them is an amature fitness model, the other is my awesome cousin) and my children.  Just gotta keep the momentum going...

No comments:

Post a Comment