Sunday, January 12, 2014

Plateaus

So I checked out this site in passing just to see exactly where I'm at in my head. For Huffington Post, I must say, it was very insightful.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/10/science-meaningful-life_n_4570843.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

I asked someone once, "What do you do when you feel you've plateaued?" I wish they would have told me to relax, take a deep breath and go balls deep into acquiring your ultimate goal. However, I felt that would sound lame since I need more of a scientific explanation revealing the cause of my current complacent-ness. Cue the article above.  

When you've plateaued, change a few things around. Practice something different. Work on something else. Relax more. Take a break for a bit. Above all, DO NOT STOP.  I've learned that it's OK to take it easy. It's extremely possible to burn out very quickly when you run multiple goals simultaneously.

In my case, I want to work on my feet but my right food is injured. I swear I'm becoming more clumsy as I get older. I want to be a better martial artist, because it appears that I think about music and fighting equally. Is that weird? I know so many musicians who absolutely adore being a martial artist. I guess they apply that mentality to their music. I must admit, however, I feel silly applying any Bruce Lee philosophy to playing like Dave Lombardo or Buddy Rich. On the other hand, they're the best at what they do.  

I was told that one needs to get out of his or her comfort zone in order to honestly grow as an artist and an individual. Baby steps, I suppose.

All I know is, I just want to move forward. NOW. Then again, patience is another goal I have of which I definitely need to more work...





No comments:

Post a Comment