Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Next Step

20 lbs. lighter and 4x faster on my feet.  Back to basics works!  

The next step of envisioning my goal is to remove all negativity out of my head.  People tend to be negative towards change, especially those who fear it.  Change can be absolutely painful, I understand this.  One minute everything's cool and then the next minute the rug is swept out from under you and there was nothing you could do in the first place to prevent it from even happening... Or maybe you could have.  But hindsight is a bitch like that.

One's past has the capacity to be one's ally.  Forget yesterday.  You did what you could with what you had, and it probably wasn't much.  Overcoming our own personal obstacles and fears ensures we are in control of our own lives.  I sincerely wish I had this mentality back then (even if it was only last year) so I could regain my confidence and take back what's mine.  I've made mistakes that I'm certainly not proud of... But regrets?  I have none.  I'm not perfect, but at least I'm reliable.  At least, people can count on me to get it done.  Now it's time to do something for me.  Now it's time change direction and fulfill my goals and take hold of what is mine.

I'm eternally grateful for the friends in my life and the family that supports me unconditionally (did I mention my mom is awesome?!?!?!?).  With people like them, I know I can do what I was born to do...

I sincerely hope you all have people like them in your lives.  They are the reason anyone gets out of bed and solves the world's problems...

No comments:

Post a Comment